Elegance coral ate a clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phlex

Aquarium Advice Activist
I dont know if this is the right forum for this post, but Im seriously concerned that my elegance coral may not be getting enough nurishment from the food I feed the tank.

I watched in horror this morning as my newest edition (elegance coral) about 2 weeks in the tank, devoured my clownfish.

The clownfish never hosted it, never even swam around it. I looked in the tank this morning, and saw my clown entangled in the elegance, while it was closed up. I could see from what was still sticking out that it was decomposing rather fast. I saw this at 9:30am EST, at 12:30 EST there was no sign of the clownfish, not even bits and pieces.

If anyone knows anything about this, I'd love some advice/knowledge for the future.

My actual question is, do elgance corals eat fish? (normally)

Wow that is gruesome and horrible. I do not know anything about this coral and I would leave it up to people with higher knowledge on this thread. Sorry for the loss

from, Adam

I would have to agree with you mrg.. I decided to buy just 1 damsel, and im gonna leave it in the tank for a month or so, to see if it survives. Everything tests out fine, and the clownfish wasnt that old, like 3 months in tank. But the Elegance coral may have introduced somethin to the water that caused the clown to get sick.. Dont know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom