Elements...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandarinlove

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello again everyone,

I was wondering what sort of elements I should be adding to my tank at this point to make the coral grow healthy, quick and big!!

My calcium, magnesium and alk levels are all where they should be and the coral looks good.. but I think it could be better...

Is there anything I do to help the spread of coralline algae?? I have a fair amount on my live rock and I have scraped pieces off and I am slowly seeing little pieces of it all over my back wall and I am VERY excited! :D

Anyway, the tank has been up and running for 2.5 months now..

Corals= Tree leather, cabbage coral, zoas, xenias, green star polyps, purple mushrooms, torch coral and ricodrea yuma... each one is a little frag that have grown and attached since I bought them...

If you are keeping up on your water changes weekly and using a decient salt ... You should not need to add anything to a nano . The weekly water changes of 20%-30% should replenish every thing that way :D

Well...

I am doing a weekly water change of about 35% with RO/DI water every saturday...

So I guess I'm ok then.

If anyone else has any suggestions also, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks guys.

IMO, it's a lot better to have stable levels of elements even if they're a litlle low than to pour in some chemicals that could make your parameters jump all over the place which wouldn't be healthy for things in your tank.

If you are keeping up on your water changes weekly and using a decient salt ... You should not need to add anything to a nano . The weekly water changes of 20%-30% should replenish every thing that way :D

Excellent advice

hehehe, theres some readioactive uranium drops being sold on ebay for 300000 bucks per 30ml bottle. A drop if that stuff can treat 500 gallons for 6 years, and the result is new species of corals which have not been catalogged. :p

Back
Top Bottom