Emaciated appearing but active Diamond Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garethax

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Diamond Tetra- He refuses to each much if at all, and will usually only go after very tiny flakes meant for the neons, even then he'll just eat one or two. He will school with the others and is pretty active and normal in behavior, though he seems somewhat more distressed and will swim up against the sides of the aquarium and wander aimlessly around the tank. He appears somewhat weaker than the others as the output from the filter pushes him considerably further down than even the neons really. He is usually the last fish to go asleep as well, and he will less frequently school, then be schooled with. Or rather the other fish will go and school with him more frequently than he with them. Honestly his colors look pretty normal, and he doesn't have any spots or blotches or noticeable curvature of his spine, he doesn't even have his fins clamped. Just a very small looking belly compared to the others and an obviously deflated one at that, and it gives him a kind of crumpled appearance compared to the others and his gills seem somewhat more obvious or separate from the body than the other Tetra's.

ammonia .2-.4 ppm A little high, but I broke my cycle by accident, Nitrate 10 ppm, Nitrite .25ppm, Soft water 75ppm, alkalinity between 80-120, ph slightly alkaline around 7.4

29 Gallon tank setup for 2-3 months, had fish in it for about 1 month

Aquaclear H70 at half-mast so like 150 gph

Fish listed in profile, but 3 SAE flying fox, 6 Diamond Tetra, a Bristlenose albino pleco, 10 neon tetra, and a fire-red dwarf gourami. Plus some water sprites and anachris.

I last changed the water two days ago and it was around a 30% change, I have been changing it two or three times a week due to the cycle stopping and I vacuum most of the gravel I can get to.

The Diamond Tetras are all new, not sure if this guy was the most recent addition to go from 5 to 6 or not. I acclimate float-20 mins, add aquarium water until 1.25 original contents in two or three stages about every 10-20 mins.

Haven't really added anything new =/

I feed them Tetra-Flakes from well the Tetra Brand and have not changed their diet.

Not sure what is wrong with this guy parasite, fish tb, just stressed, ntd? I have no clue =/

Attachments

• WP_000065.jpg
    WP_000065.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 66
  • WP_000085.jpg
    WP_000085.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 61
  • WP_000076.jpg
    WP_000076.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 62
  • WP_000082.jpg
    WP_000082.jpg