Emperor Angel blind cloudy eyes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josspa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Pleas forgive me if I put this in the wrong place but I'm new to the forum and I need help. I was looking for a place where I could upload picks of my fish for help diagnosing and advice for treating it. He's got two cloudy eyes and isn't eating because he can't see food. I bought him a little over a week ago. He was eating pellets like a horse. He was even starting to swim to me for food. I think my issue started when my wife bought a red corris wrasse. He hid under the sand often, wasn't eating, then died. I didn't catch it right a way until I did a water change for nitrate... My amonia and nitrite were 0 so the nitrate battle was on. Nitrate went down a little then back up. I got suspicious and tested amonia. It had spiked to somewhat over 2.5. I knew why and dug the wrasse out but then notice my emperor's eyes looked covers with mucus. I went to an LFS and they recommended something called Artemiss. I've been using it for 2 days, it may be helping, but I fear he will starve to death before his eyes clear. I've tried holding shrimp in his face but he wont eat. I'm going to try attaching day 1 pics. I only have a display tank with him, yellow tail damsel, calico crab, and an emerald crab. Forgot to mention that I had added maybe a pound and a half of nitrate sponge. Could that cause it? I did a 20 % water change that night but amonia only dropped to a solid 2.5.

ForumRunner_20120423_231826.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120423_231624.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120423_231624.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 91
  • ForumRunner_20120423_231656.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120423_231656.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 100
Yeah,thats bad pop eye..
Its a sign of poor water conditions ..Angels need pristine water conditions..
The spike is clearly not good ,but with fast action it should get better

Back
Top Bottom