Empty tank ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LisaKay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! My name is Lisa. I just bought a fish tank and stand from my neighbor. It’s been so long since I’ve had a tank. The last rank I had was a 55 gal and I loved it. I’ve only had fresh water tanks, never salt water. I’ve always wanted a salt water tank so can anyone please help me to get started? What do I need, how do I start, what’s my first step???
HELP! Lol.
Thanks!
~Lisa

Welcome aboard!

There’s a couple of ‘Getting Started’ sub-forums for either SW or FW for builds (and pics :) ).

Hi marines can seem very scary,but like any form of fish keeping,it can be as complicated or simple as you make it, but. You will need certain test kits and a way of measuring salinity, which is the absolute basic to start with. Good luck :)

Hello and welcome.

As mentioned, you can make it as complicated or expensive as you like.

Important Information for Those New to the Aquarium Hobby - Aquarium Advice

Here ids the section for the articles for SW.
Articles - Aquarium Advice

Research and taking it slowly are a couple top important tips~!

Visiting SW fish stores and learning about the creatures that catch your eye. A nice thing to be able to do if you are waiting for a tank to cycle.

Though you can use live rock and sand if your budget is good for spending the extra money on that. It will usually speed up the cycling time to days instead of weeks. Many people use a combination of live and base rock to start/seed the cycle.

Back
Top Bottom