Enlder/Guppy tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megi-lin

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been doing research and I am planning on making an all male guppy/endler community tank. I have a 20 gal so I should get quite a few fish in. What do you guys think? I want to do this in a few weeks when my tank finishes its cycle.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It could be nice and colorful! Just a few things to keep in mind, if you have all males they won't get as colorful because they don't have any ladies to show off for! If you do get females, stick with either Endler's or guppies as they will interbreed. Just food for thought!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, I'm not sure any of this matters all that much....I was just looking at a site about Anemone fish and their host anemones. The simple fact is, according to them they appear to be distinguishable once they have attained adult coloration. Where the fish pictured is not a juvenile, I would not consider it adult either. It is most likely adolescent.the fish was approx 2"-2.5" in length excluding the tail.

Here is a quote from that site....
Anemone fishes and ther host Sea Anemones

I have seen the interbred guppy endlers. I thought they were very pretty. I just dunno how to control the breeding cause I don't really want a bunch of babies.

Any livebearer is going to over run you with babies if you don't have a way of 'trimming' the fry. An all male tank can work fine, they'll still be quite colorful.

Any livebearer is going to over run you with babies if you don't have a way of 'trimming' the fry. An all male tank can work fine, they'll still be quite colorful.

I just really love those crazy fancy fins!

Back
Top Bottom