Enough???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newaddict

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So Im setting up a new tank in my room which is next to my parents. They have a problem saying that its noisy with the air pump, that they cant sleep well. Will three or more plants be able to oxygenate the water.

The plants do add some oxygen back into the water but not enough. All you need is a filter that creates enough surface agitation (ripples) that promote gas exchange. Canister filters are generally much more quiet than HOB filters. I really like the Fluval 06 series of canisters... Both of mine are super quiet. You won't need the air pump.

If i have the water level, a little above the output level of the filter, will that affect it's performance? It still causes ripples right? Im doing this because my parents think the filter and air pump are loud. Are there other ways to keep the filter low on sound?

I have an internal filter for my 55 (only filled with 30 gallons) and it is silent. It ripples the water plenty. So if your tank is smaller than 50 gallons an internal should work.

Back
Top Bottom