Epsom Salt treatment for Popeye?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bruinsslotmar1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I have a 10 gallon aquarium with a male betta in it. A few days ago I noticed it had a whitish glossed eye that may be swollen. It appears he may have popeye. I already did a 90% water change as well. I was also reading up on treatments and I was thinking I could try epsom salt treatment before I try medicine. I'm not sure if this would be the proper thing to do or not. And I do not know the proper ratio. I'm sort of new to Betta keeping so I would appreciate any advice on this whole issue! Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_2466.jpg
    IMG_2466.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2468.jpg
    IMG_2468.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 66
I can only tell you what I use for popeye,It has worked for me even on sensative fish like butterflys.I use seachem KanaPlex. It has cleared up popeye in about 2 days.If you don't treat fast, the fish has a good chance of going blind.

I can only tell you what I use for popeye,It has worked for me even on sensative fish like butterflys.I use seachem KanaPlex. It has cleared up popeye in about 2 days.If you don't treat fast, the fish has a good chance of going blind.

Thanks. I will probably try that. Will one bottle be enough or should I buy two??

I have had very good results with Maracyn plus from Fritzaquatics Aquatics. Contains two antibiotics sulfamide and trimethoprim.

Back
Top Bottom