Free: Established Crypt Wendi Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Old Scales

Aquarium Advice Addict
The Old Scales is trimming back his Crypt Wendi in his 16g tank. It's been growing undisturbed for 16 months in medium light, Glut dosing and PPS-Pro ferts. Very healthy. There will be enough plants to make a background about 3/4 way across a 10g. Pic of them in the tank attached. (They are the plants at the very back, left side). Just pay $8 for the box and shipping. First one to PM me their name and address has it. OS.

Attachments

• DSCF1068.jpg
    DSCF1068.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 181
How are the responses going so far? I like this plant. IME it actually does better with less light (keeps a consistent size and shape and nicer color).

Wonder how this would grow for Me.... I haven't started ferts yet... an I have low / med lighting

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fresh I had it gone in less than 30 min. lol. In my low/medium light 16g it is really nice. I put some in the 29g high light w/CO2 and it was yellowish green and looked bad.

Stacy The Crypt Wendi is one of the best for a tank like yours. Put a couple of root tabs under them and let them grow. They grow by spreading out more than straight up and growth rate is slow enough to be trouble free. OS.

Fresh I had it gone in less than 30 min. lol. In my low/medium light 16g it is really nice. I put some in the 29g high light w/CO2 and it was yellowish green and looked bad.

Stacy The Crypt Wendi is one of the best for a tank like yours. Put a couple of root tabs under them and let them grow. They grow by spreading out more than straight up and growth rate is slow enough to be trouble free. OS.

I had it in medium light (Finnex Fugeray) and like you said, it was yellowish green and overgrown. In lesser light (dual T5 normal output), no CO2, no ferts (except for root pellets) it looks much nicer. Here is on the middle-right side of the tank:
vGXg1aJ.jpg

Ill have to look into some of That...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't think so Krissy, I have that and the red, while that has some red in the leaves the true red is a deep red, almost purple... What you have,under good med light, will get some nice reds though.. That's a whole bunch too!

I tend to agree with Brookster on that. Looks a quite green and not enough red to be a red. IME in stronger light, the wendtii reds appear to be less red.
That is a lot of crypts. I tend to provide spacing when planting crypts in groups to allow room for runners to grow.

I used about less than half of it. And made sure to space them out a bit. ;) I wanted to make a bed specifically for them, but that will come later. Thanks David.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just keep them well fed and don't move them if possible. I started with 3 plants and now there are probably a dozen in my low light tank. This tank only gets root pellets. I'm sure they would benefit from ferts in the water column.

Dearly noted. The friend that gave them to me throws them out because they grow way fast in his 55.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom