Everyone has a different tale on nitrates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep. Those are the ones. I don't plan on keeping LPS in this tank. But thanks for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's not enough light for either nem

Yep. Those are the ones. I don't plan on keeping LPS in this tank. But thanks for the advice.

Really? Then why are you? You have an elegance, euphyllia, and a tracyphyllia brain as far as I can see. Better remove them then.

Being sarcastic and cryptic is no way to treat someone who is trying to learn.

It would be much nicer to explain what I'm doing wrong so I could learn and keep my animals alive.

Do you think I would have spent all that money and bought them if I wasn't told they would be ok?

So if the people who are selling them to me are lying and the people I ask for help are being jerks , I'll just find another forum to join. Thanks for nothing.

no one has been rude, everyone has told you great advice and told you to rehome the nems and your lps which you state you didnt want. As well, youve been told to upgrade your LEDs immediately or remove the nems. I also said rehome the nems, and once again stated that it will nuke the tank. no sarcasm at all.

Your parameters are so high in nitrates due to the "food" you are feeding the corals. I;d stop doing that immediately. Light is really all they need to grow and thrive even. The nems are the same way, enough light is enough for them to live and live well. I keep all sorts of corals and have four huge red bubble tips and only feed every few weeks, kinda as a treat if you will. :)

With those lights you will have issues with the nems, it's just not enough light as stated above. If Mr. X says you are limited to softies and no LPS I would take that advice and run with it.

You do have some options though. If you have the cash you can get a new light, I would think a single pendant would allow you to keep the nems as well as the LPS you have already. Kessil makes a really nice unit, look into it.
A skimmer would just kill the clean look of the tank and take up too much space. I would increase the water changes amounts and how many until you are at at least 10 on nitrates. The lower the better. You dont have any fish to upset with more frequent changes so now is the time to do it. In my opinion and experience anything less than say 25 or 30g doesnt really "need" a skimmer. But on the other hand they dont hurt either. lol Just your tank is so small I wouldnt add one, not worth it in the long run.
Hope that helps a bit.
Good luck

I didn't' say that. I said LPS and softies are ok, but not SPS. I'm under the impression either Jan misread me, or she doesn't know her SPS from LPS.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom