Excel Melting Anacharis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello Everyone,

I just bought some anacharis today, and have never had any in my tank before. I have read that Excel melts them. I haven't ever seen any melting so I'm not exactly sure what happens, but clearly, it can't be good.

Does anyone have any advice regarding this? I use Excel and Flourish, along with root tabs and haven't had any problems.

Thanks for your help,
D

Hello Everyone, I just bought some anacharis today, and have never had any in my tank before. I have read that Excel melts them. I haven't ever seen any melting so I'm not exactly sure what happens, but clearly, it can't be good. Does anyone have any advice regarding this? I use Excel and Flourish, along with root tabs and haven't had any problems. Thanks for your help, D

Excel can make some plants melt, which is when they basically turn clear-ish and just waste away.

I've never had a plant Melt with excel (I've used it on bald and crypts, two plants that supposedly melt with excel.)

But, I've also heard that if you build the excel dose up, then the plant may not melt.

Anacharis definitely does not get along with excel.

On the Seachem Flourish Excel FAQ:

Anacharis is a particularly sensitive species (known to be sensitive to high temperature, trace copper, formaldehyde etc.). It is also sensitive to Flourish Excel. If you have Anacharis in an aquarium in which you are dosing Flourish Excel we recommend using Flourish Excel every other day rathter than daily.

Regular anacharis melted for me with standard excel dosage.

However, narrow-leaf anacharis was able to withstand high dosage and never melted.

Regular anacharis melted for me with standard excel dosage.

However, narrow-leaf anacharis was able to withstand high dosage and never melted.

Same observation as above along with slow acclimation to excel dosing

Back
Top Bottom