Extremely pale German Blue Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCarnes

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 55 gallon planted aquarium that is a community tank. My water readings are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 10 nitrate.

I have two female german blue rams, one is completely colored and beautiful, the other is extremely pale and really shows no color. She is keeping her fins slightly cramped but is still eating.

They have been in the tank for a few months and have had no problems previously.

Any suggestions on how to treat or what to try?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thing with rams... Seems that sometimes for no apparent reason things like this happen??? I've just had one go all sickly on me, I did notice it's white stringy poos and lack of appetite.. I treated with API General cure and it seemed to help.. I'd say if you can get it into a quarantine, atleast you can give it super clean water and treat if needed..

I'm sorry to say but it sounds like your Rams have what mine had and if they do its not going to end well!

I've placed a thread on here and had some answers and I've read some others.

The belief is that its all down to the breeder/supplier. Some breeders are adding chemicals to the water to gain colour in fish, without said chemicals the fish lose colour and die over time! From the first colour loss mine took 12-18 hours to die.

There are some really good breeders out there that only deal in breeding GBR. Take a look at my thread there is a web address if your in the states for a breeder.

Thanks for the replies, I moved her to my ten gallon quarantine tank and dosed with melafix since I had it on hand. When I moved her I also noticed that she had a small white spot on her tail like a fungus so we will see tomorrow...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Pretty sure its not just a small white spot, the tail was slighlty torn looking at the ens, like the begining of tail rot...

Back
Top Bottom