fancy guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgarMedina1010

Aquarium Advice Freak
i got 2 fancy guppies 1 male 1 female and the female seems to be pregnant but the male guppie is always behind her should I move the male guppie?

This sounds like normal livebearer behaviour to me. I wouldn't move the male unless the female becomes visably distressed, in which case I'd probably add another one or two females to divert his attention :p

no the female doesnt seem stressed in any way I would say that she looks even happier, she's more active...thanks for the info..

That's common with guppies. The males would always chase the females and the females were never stressed about it.

I agree with coldmachine. Just keep watching and make sure its not a problem. I found my lone platy female (I have one male) hiding in java moss, and decided it was time to divert his attention a little. Since I got another female he's let up on her a bit. Had room for the new one since I finally got rid of that pesky chinese algae eater!

Back
Top Bottom