fantail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BIGDAVETAYLOR

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Morning all! How long would a female fantail spawn for? Is it a life term thing? That sounda more stupid than I thought!! Just wondering cos they r at it every 2 weeks now and if anything she seems to be loosing her condition with all the chasing thats going. Is splitting them my only option guys? :-(

Sounds like you have some prolithic breeders! Honestly though, if her condition is deteriorating, she really needs a break in addition to heavily supplementing her protein and nutrition intake. Spawning takes alot out of a female because its a huge energy production to create eggs. The constant chasing and harassment is not helping matters either. A seperate tank to divide the males from the females or a tank divider is strongly suggested.

Got a 90ltr to set up next week cos gonna need room for a couple of fry we r keeping so will split them for a while then. Been reading too much google about tge matter and my heads fried,says about breeding between april and sept but she been at it for 3 month now every 2 week,says bout keeping temp down and having no plants etc but tgey all contradict eact other so im lost now!!

Back
Top Bottom