Feeder...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

napacook

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is anyone else that get the urge to feed their fish all the time? I feed them 2-3 daily but have to stop myself not sure if it's just in my Thai genes haha! But I feed so little as they are still young but I feel like that they are still hungry?...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434981762.282152.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discus breeders can feed juveniles up to 8 times a day.

Fish are opportunistic eaters. In the wild they don't know when their next meal will be so they eat all they can. In the aquarium the same natural sense applies. They will eat and eat even if they become bloated. It's important not to feed too much.

I feed mine 1 large meal daily and that's it. 2-3 smaller feeds is also just fine though.

Caleb

Thank you [emoji4][emoji106] do you use flakes or pellets?

Goldfish will always eat. In the wild food isn't always available so will eat not knowing when their next meal is coming. I feed my pond fish twice a day about what they will eat in 2-3 minutes. Anymore and i start getting algae issues that my sanitizer can't deal with. Also be careful feeding goldfish too much they have a straight digestive tract and are known to develop digestive issues when over fed. I know others may disagree on this but also feed peas once a week(uncooked and thawed) to help with this potential issue.

Awesome thanks [emoji4] I will be adding them to my shopping list [emoji106]

I feed once a day, what my fish can eat in about 3-5 minutes, but used to feed twice day. If you feed more than once a day, give a smaller amount (only about half as much). Otherwise, you'll run into water quality issues and have to do more frequent water changes. Also, the fish are more prone to disease if there is uneaten food left in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom