feeding blood parrot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lorihallfrisch

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got my blood parrot when I bought my used tank. He is a tiny little thing although he is not a baby. His color goes so pale and after watching him TRY to eat I have been worried about his starving to death. He must have a very deformed mouth because no matter what I have tried in the past 4 months to feed him. its a sad disaster. Blood worms..can't eat, crushed flakes tries so hard, but can't eat. gets one piece for every 50 tries. Shrimp pellets , crushed soaked..also a problem. he was so pale yesterday I thought surely he would die.
But I think I have solved my problem and want to share in case anyone else has a breaking heart for a fish that just can't seem to get the food they need.
Polly has his/her own little fishy bowl at the bottom of the tank where I put crushed pellets, algae pellets. crushed shrimp pellets. The bowl keeps the food in one place and away from the filter..and as it sits it gets wonderfully mushy. he ate like a pro last night and actually has some color back today. This also keeps my tank cleaner as I always had to feed so much extra hoping he could get a BITE. If anything escapes the fishie bowl the othe rfish in tank are there to gather it up. Sorry for so long..hope that this helps someone else
img_2072885_0_f91badf3723d0f438949dade0656b94d.jpg

img_2072885_1_af84e11431e6c29b63562554ccddc96e.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom