Feeding Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Otis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have kind of a dumn question.
I have some coral, mostly star polyps that I have been spraying the coral stuff on about 2 times a week with. There is so much information on the internet and this site has been good so I just thought Id ask. is this what im suposed to be doing?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474318925.116282.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Never dose your aquarium with anything that you can't test for when it comes to additives. In this case, this is a liquid food. These are basically liquid phosphates. None of your corals require any type of feeding, so you are only fowling up your water column. I would stop using this before it leads to bigger issues down the line without providing any benefits.

star polyps grow like weeds with out feeding , most corals get what they need from the water, yes the more experienced reefers dose but they also test the water and have a better understanding of what there doing , I tried dosing but not knowing everything I needed to know I killed everything , I feel more comfortable just with the basics .
everything thrives , so I can't complain.

I don't feed mine either. 17+ years and they get all they need from the lighting and water column.

Back
Top Bottom