Feeding Fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishtankkeeper

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I am wondering how long a fish can go without food (balloon molly, a common pleco, and 2 cory cats). I am going to be gone from Thursday to Saturday and I am scared my fish might die, will anyone please give me some advice on what to do or if they can survive this long if I fed them before leaving. I am hoping an electric feeder will be the last resort.

Hi, I am wondering how long a fish can go without food (balloon molly, a common pleco, and 2 cory cats). I am going to be gone from Thursday to Saturday and I am scared my fish might die, will anyone please give me some advice on what to do or if they can survive this long if I fed them before leaving. I am hoping an electric feeder will be the last resort.
Personally I think it would be fine. It's only really two days, right??. You get back on Sat??. I have often gone two days without food. not me personally but my fish!!!

Fish can go that long without being fed and be fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

Some people even recommend NOT feeding your fish for 1 day each week. Gives them a chance to clear out their digestive track.

I feed my fish every other day and they are fine, when I went away for a week a few months ago I put the vacation tab in and when I got home the tab was gone and my fish were alive, fish can live a while without food.

a few days without food will be perfectly fine for fish. Their metabolism slows and they get a little inactive after they go a while without food. Although depending on the species fish can get a little more aggressive when they are hungry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom