Feeding floating pellets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcor

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Quick question: I feed my two fancies sinking pellets usually. I have just bought more but I bought a floating variety by accident. How do I teach them to eat these? I've popped some in to see if they eventually sink or not and seems they don't. Half hour and they are still floating.

If you have the receipt, I would honestly return them. They won't sink until they completely disintegrate leaving your guys without food and possible spikes in your parameters. They may eventually learn to eat them but they are not a good choice for buoyancy prone fancies anyway.

If you have the receipt, I would honestly return them. They won't sink until they completely disintegrate leaving your guys without food and possible spikes in your parameters. They may eventually learn to eat them but they are not a good choice for buoyancy prone fancies anyway.

^^Agreed.

Thank you both. I opened the packet so I can't return it. BUT, I was worrying for nothing. The flow from the filter blows them down so the fish catch them as they bob in the current.

Back
Top Bottom