Feeding Frozen Brine Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marvelous

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all, I started feeding my adult guppies frozen brine shrimp and they eat alot of it! Their bellies get huge after feeding. They aren't really interested in the flake food anymore though. Would it hurt my fish to eat this much brine shrimp? And what else could I feed them to get the rest of the nutrients they need?

Thanks
Marv

My guppies do the same thing, only with blood worms. They will still eat brine and flakes though, but they decide to eat one thing the most and then switch to another and then another. I would conside them just like people, people have fav foods they want to eat alot and then they also get bored.

So maybe their bored of the flake, or if you just introduced the brine maybe they are just overly happy about brine and want to eat alot of it for now.

I havn't had any sickness or troubles with my guppies choosing a favorite for awhile. Right now like I said its blood, but they still will eat flake and brine is their least favorite right now.

Thanks Aries, that was very helpful information. I was wondering, how many times a day do you feed your fish? And after I finish off these brine shrimp I'll try blood worms for a bit.

freshwater mix

What do you mean freshwater mix? I have been buying the frozen ones they sell at the LFS, the ones with Omega in them. Like the little ice cube ones.

Back
Top Bottom