Feeding Ghost shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanBenson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, so I got my ghost shrimp on Thursday of last week and I've heard multiple things about feeding them, but tablets kept coming up more often than other feeding foods. What should I get to feed my ghost shrimp??

My ghosties eat everything you have for any other fish. Mine prefer betta bites to anything, but they like flakes and little pieces of any kind of bottom feeder wafer. They love blanched peas too. Hope that helps!

My ghosties eat everything you have for any other fish. Mine prefer betta bites to anything, but they like flakes and little pieces of any kind of bottom feeder wafer. They love blanched peas too. Hope that helps!

It does help! Thanks you! I have one more question if you don't mind! Would my other fish eat the betta bites before they reach the bottom??

It does help! Thanks you! I have one more question if you don't mind! Would my other fish eat the betta bites before they reach the bottom??

Fish'll eat anything edible. Ghost Shrimp are known scavengers so they'll find left over food missed by the fish. However, if you want to ensure they're getting a little more than just scraps, drop in the food an hour after lights out.
Shrimp pretty much scavenge 24 / 7 so they'll munch while the fish sleep.

Fish'll eat anything edible. Ghost Shrimp are known scavengers so they'll find left over food missed by the fish. However, if you want to ensure they're getting a little more than just scraps, drop in the food an hour after lights out.
Shrimp pretty much scavenge 24 / 7 so they'll munch while the fish sleep.

Oh, great!! Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom