feeding my fisheis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nibor

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yesterday, I went to the pet store to get some food and spotted the frozen food section. Thinking my fishies would just LOVE this, I bought the brine shrimp (the previous food was freeze dried brine.) So, I eargerly took it home, poped a cube out, thawed it in a shot glass of tank water and dumped it in expecting a feeding frenzy. What I got was 'meh.' :(

I think part of the issue is that it sinks too fast while the freeze dried stuff floats then slowly drifts down. Is there a trick to that? At least I have a good sized clean up crew that will (hopefully) munch on the uneaten shrimp.

Speaking of my 'crew,' I also noticed that my other fish, especially the mollies, love the sinking pellets I try to feed the bottom feeders. They will hover over a pellet and chase away my shrimps and corries from them! I want to make sure that everyone gets enough food.

Last edited:
You can try different ones, mine tend to like the bloodworms the best, I tried the shrimp too and they didn't seem to go nuts for it. I thaw mine in some tank water and then spoon some out and drop it in and if that gets eaten I put in more, rather than dumping it all in and causing a mess.

You could try putting the sinking pellets in at night after you turn the lights out; corys tend to be more active at night anyway and that way the other fish may have settled down after the lights go out and that gives the bottom feeders a better chance at getting some.

What kind of fish do you have? I have discus angels rope fish and black skirts, they all eagerly gobble up the brine shrimp. I also feed them bloodworms.

Back
Top Bottom