Feeding Peppered Cories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick06

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just added some peppered cories to my community tank. They are the only bottom feeders in this tank. While they aggressively go for the flakes I am feeding the other fish every other day, I am trying to make sure the cories are well fed. Aside from leftover flakes every other day I am feeding them one shrimp pellet each and one quarter algae wafer each on alternate days. Is this enough food for the cories?

Yeah, I feed mine the flakes and then they get a day of black worms, every other day. But they love those worms that's for sure

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My cories do just about the same thing. They'll clean up any flakes that don't get eaten at the top. They enjoy the shrimp pellets more than anything else I have tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I feed my six panda corydora Hikari sinking wafers. They are small, soft, and dissolve easily. They get around 6 every night so my loaches can have some too.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Using a turkey baster, you can target feed frozen blood worms and or brine shrimp as well. Just thaw them in a little cup of tank water before you suck them up and then aim them at your fish

Mine get hikari sinking wafers. For some reason they ignore algae wafers which I thought weird because everyone recommends them.

Mine get hikari sinking wafers. For some reason they ignore algae wafers which I thought weird because everyone recommends them.

Well they aren't algae eaters. They may nibble on them if you are offering Algae wafers to other fish. But I know of Cories dying that were fed Algae wafers exclusively.

Cory breeders feed a meat based diet. Mostly live worms.

Well they aren't algae eaters. They may nibble on them if you are offering Algae wafers to other fish. But I know of Cories dying that were fed Algae wafers exclusively.

Cory breeders feed a meat based diet. Mostly live worms.

Yup. Guy at the LFS said algae wafers would suffice, go figure. :nono:

Peppered corydoras are carnivores, that's why I use blackworms, they go crazy during feeding time

Back
Top Bottom