Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bloodroot

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 4 dwarf puffers now that I will be feeding bloodworms and Brine Shrimp (alternating days) for 6 days a week then Sunday I am going to feed them live snails. Spoiled cute little guys!!

Here is my issue. The blister packs that the bloodworms and Brine Shrimp are in are way to big! Even if I also feed my 29 community tank there is still left overs all over the place. Any one have a simple suggestion? Is it okay to thaw and then freeze again the shrimp/worms?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have the same problem, this i what I do. I pop one of those bloodworm squares onto a cutting board while it's still frozen hard, then cut it in quarters with a big old kitchen knife. It actually breaks quite easily into pieces, I just press on it with the blade. Then I put the extra pieces in a tiny tupperware container and put that back into the freezer while it's still frozen.

Re-freezing thawed stuff is not a great idea - there's a very good chance it will go bad.

I have the same problem, this i what I do. I pop one of those bloodworm squares onto a cutting board while it's still frozen hard, then cut it in quarters with a big old kitchen knife. It actually breaks quite easily into pieces, I just press on it with the blade. Then I put the extra pieces in a tiny tupperware container and put that back into the freezer while it's still frozen.

Re-freezing thawed stuff is not a great idea - there's a very good chance it will go bad.

Thanks! I will give that a try! But I am scared I will cut off my finger! Haha! Those **** cubes are hard as rocks.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom