feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

r055i74

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all. I'm new to fish keeping and was wanting to know how often you guys feed your fish.

Cheers Kyle

Small portions 2-3 times a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Since you posted in the cichlid section It really depends on what you have.

Thanks Jmats.
Mikem691.I will be keeping peacocks mostly.

Thanks

Thanks Jmats.
Mikem691.I will be keeping peacocks mostly.

Thanks

I keep both haps and peacocks and I do 1 big feed per day. You'll know how much to feed specifically by monitoring your fish, if you see them starting to get a bit thin, feed a little more. If you see a big stomach and a double chin, then it's definitely time to cut back. If you want, you can also hand feed. It's what I do during the 1 big feed to make sure everyone gets enough and the right amount.

I keep both haps and peacocks and I do 1 big feed per day. You'll know how much to feed specifically by monitoring your fish, if you see them starting to get a bit thin, feed a little more. If you see a big stomach and a double chin, then it's definitely time to cut back. If you want, you can also hand feed. It's what I do during the 1 big feed to make sure everyone gets enough and the right amount.

Thanks for that pal. It's great to have some experience to turn to.

What are you feeding them. Just curious. I feed 2-3 times a day. I bounce between new life spectrum and Cobalt cichlid flake. I have had my Africans for just over a year and they seem to be coloring up and growing well. Sixteen peacocks and 2 haps. 75 gallon tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What are you feeding them. Just curious. I feed 2-3 times a day. I bounce between new life spectrum and Cobalt cichlid flake. I have had my Africans for just over a year and they seem to be coloring up and growing well. Sixteen peacocks and 2 haps. 75 gallon tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Switching between flake and new era pellets

I prefer pellets, they tend to be cleaner and avoid pollution as long as you don't put too many, its good to mix it up just a little though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom