Female guppy pregnant !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flavia21

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all,
My female guppy is pregnant and I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on my pregnant one.
She's lingering around in the top corner of the tank and look real heavy.... Is she ok?
Her tail seems to slightly hang down a bit as if it were weighing on her.
Can anyone give me advice and facts on female guppies and what's normal or not.

Thank you in advance and I'll attach some pictures of her!!

image-852771903.jpg

image-1558074964.jpg

image-994009512.jpg

image-4031789961.jpg

image-1025221975.jpg

I'm no expert but I have one guppy in my breeding tank that does that in the early stages of the pregnancy them becomes fine and has the fry

Your guppy looks a bit stressed out to me. She is definitely pregnant though! What are your water parameters? When a female is ready to drop fry, she will hang out towards the bottom more.

Your guppy looks a bit stressed out to me. She is definitely pregnant though! What are your water parameters? When a female is ready to drop fry, she will hang out towards the bottom more.
I'm not sure what my water parameters are specifically but they were normal but I feel stress can be a problem but probably not the water...maybe it's the males!
They're a pain in the but and I think they might be chasing her once in a while.
Although I have more females, it seems they're more attracted to her... Lol... I feel bad!

Any suggestions? Also do u think she's far into her pregnancy or not quite yet?

Thanks!!

Aha! Those boys very well could be the cause of her stress. How many males do you have and how many females? Usually a good M:F ratio is 1:2+. She doesn't look heavily pregnant yet, but she's not newly pregnant either. Every female is different too in that sometimes thy don't always get very big in pregnancy, especially if they're younger.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom