female mother guppy missing fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilovemydragongoby

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i was just watching my tank to find my female guppy, the only one to seem to have gotten prego, missing a large piece of her fin (the one on her back) she swimming kind of weird to i'm assuming because of her fin and her spine is arched down. here's a couple pics, they're kind of blurry though. is there anything i can do for her? i think she's still eating, she's picking at the sand how she normally does.
008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

we're cycling the tank right now for my gsp who is most likely the culprit...or the BB gobies

i also forgot to add that we're doing the salt/heat treatment for ich on the tank. this is a very bad month for us with or tank! :( can i use melafix in the tank? or is there anything i can do besides remove the gsp? which i can't do yet cause his tank isnt ready

okay...so when my bf got home we got a better look at her, she doesnt have a fin missing after all...but she looks beaten up on her tummy i guess. but she looks kinda droopy

Does she have a fungus? If not, then I would skip the Melafix for now, and just keep the water super clean, and see if that helps.

:( thanks. i do have LOTS of her babies though, once they're big enough and they're color comes out completely, i'll post some pics in my 80gal thread

i dont think she was sick...i think my gsp beat her up. i watched him eat one of the babies earlier today...we're getting the rest of the equipment ready for his tank this weekend...i'm not too concerned with the fry...that's what they were there for....survival of the fittest...i know it sounds cruel but you know how life goes

Back
Top Bottom