Few Questions on lights and firts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DCLXVI

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I'm looking to get a new set of lights for my tank. I have a 40gallon breeder with a cheap hanging shop light fixture now (2x 38 watts 6500k I believe) the lights only cost $20 total and they work but I would like something better. Can anyone give me a good idea of what I should get? like how may watts? should I stick with 6,500k or go to 10,000k? What is a good brand name? Im just looking for a good brand with what I need for a good price. I would really also like moon lighting.

Now, with Firts... Right now I'm dosing flourish 2x a week and excel every day (sometimes every other if i forget). I also have all the other seachem firtalizers but I'm worried to start messing with them (don't want algae) and I use root tabs. Any thing else I should be doing?

And last but not least.... CO2. I have read so many bad reviews on the kits and I really don't want to mess with diy yeast mixtures. Can someone link me to a DIY paintball canister set up? I feel like its the perfect balance between kit and yeast mix.

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom