Filter Changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have an In-Tank Media Basket for my fairly new cycled 29g BioCube. I run poly filter Floss, Seachem Purigen and Chemi-Pure Elite. I have two small fish so far, a Blue Green Chromis and a Fire Fish and some clean up crews-snails and hermit crabs and a couple of hitchhiking brittle stars.
I have changed out the Poly Filter floss weekly when I do a PWC. When do I change, or rinse out the Purigen and Chemi-Pure Elite. I also have a refugium, but have really not used it yet. Advice on using that too would be great.
Also, in regards to the Chemi-Pure Elite, my LFS told me to not use it all of the time, because I will pull out needed elements out of the water. I thought that was kind of bad advice-not sure. I do not have coral, yet but would like to get some easy to care for ones.

:fish2: Thank you for any advice! My fish will thank you too.

Last edited:
With my intank filter system I was changing out the filter floss every few days and leaving the purigen and chemipure alone unless it has stuff on it, then just rinse in used tank water to get the icky stuff off. :)

I have run chemipure for years non stop in my cube and never and any issues with corals. I used to change out my chemipure and purigen every 4-5 months instead of the 6 months stated that its good for.
Hope that helps! Good luck with your tank!

Back
Top Bottom