Filter for 25 litre tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark Hewitt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My wife has finally given the go ahead to recomission our old tank.

The first step will be to get a new filter since I never liked the old AquaOne model.

Can anyone recommend a good quality filter for a 6.6 us gallon tank. Preferably one which is very quiet as the tank will be in our living room.

I would normally recommend marineland penguins, but for your tank, I'd recommend the aquaclear 20. After reading some of the specs, I think I might need to try one out finally :p. Normally we try to go for 10x turnover (10*gallons), so the lowest I could find was the 100gph with flow control down to 33gph

hth

I would normally recommend marineland penguins, but for your tank, I'd recommend the aquaclear 20. After reading some of the specs, I think I might need to try one out finally :p. Normally we try to go for 10x turnover (10*gallons), so the lowest I could find was the 100gph with flow control down to 33gph

hth

+1, I love my AquaClears on my 55g. They work great, my favorite HOB filters. Although 25 liters is about 6.5g, but the more filtration, the better.

+1, I love my AquaClears on my 55g. They work great, my favorite HOB filters. Although 25 liters is about 6.5g, but the more filtration, the better.

Part of the problem with the last filter was that the current it put out in such a small tank was too much for the fish to handle! They couldn't really get any rest. So I wouldn't want something that's going to wash them away!

what fish was in there that it gave too much flow. i am a fan of the aquaclears though thats the only hob i run. they have the aquaclear mini or 10.

what fish was in there that it gave too much flow. i am a fan of the aquaclears though thats the only hob i run. they have the aquaclear mini or 10.

It was a fancy goldfish, but I think this time I'll have guppies.

I was also looking at the Interpet PF Mini.

Curious that HOB filters seem to be US specific, I can't find any for sale in the UK.

Internal filters are very quiet. They're kind of a pain when it comes to cleaning, but my tanks make zero noise. :p

Zero noise unless you count the " Why won't you @#$%^ come out? You stupid $%^&* ^&*( piece of %^&*(! I'm going to take you and throw your @#$%$ $% ^&^ out the ^%() window!" lol

they also take up tank space.

a goldfish gets way to big for a 6 gallon anyways.

Back
Top Bottom