Filter for 36 gallon Bow Front

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Filtration Equipment

Can anuone recommend a good filter for this tank?

Hello twesta...

If you're looking at quality at a reasonable cost, then I don't think you can do better than Hagen AquaClear HOBs. A couple of AC 30s placed on opposite sides of the tank will cost you at most $60.00, possibly a little more online.

You don't need to over filter your tank. A couple of AC 30 filters at 150 gallons per hour (gph) each is plenty. Just follow a sound water change routine by removing and replacing half the tank water weekly and you're good.

I use AquaClear filters on all my tanks.

B

Is it a better setup to buy to 30 gallon rated filters for either side of the tank than to buy one 60 gallon?

Your Fert Question

Is it a better setup to buy to 30 gallon rated filters for either side of the tank than to buy one 60 gallon?

Hello again t...

Having two filters, is simply insurance in the event one would quit on you. You could go with a single filter. I single filter some of my tanks. However, AquaClear doesn't make a 60 gallon filter. The company makes 20, 30, 50, 70 and 110 gallon filters.

I've used the AquaClear brand for about 8 years and have yet to replace one.

B

Back
Top Bottom