Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tipton34

Aquarium Advice Freak
So ill be getting a 36 gallon bow front with a quiet flow 30. Should I get another power filter or a canister filter?

I would ditch that filter and get an aquaclear 70. I run two of those on my 36 bowfront.

Well the aquaclear 30 comes with it. The tank will be slightly over stocked but will have no really dirty fish. Neon tetras, German blue rams, Cory cats, and maybe hatchet fish

Tipton34 said:
* quiet flow 30

You do realize that you can edit posts...
The quiet flow 30 will not be enough filtration, unless you under stock. I recommend a Fluval 305 or Aquaclear 50 or 70 or 110. You could also get a powerhead...

So a quiet flow 30 and a Aquaclear 70 will do? maybe a powerhead.

Tipton34 said:
So a quiet flow 30 and a Aquaclear 70 will do? maybe a powerhead.

I'd say just the AC 70 and maybe the powerhead in addition.

I would hate to have the quiet flow 30 just sitting in the box. So putting both the quiet flow 30 and aqua clear 70, that will definitely cover it correct?

Tipton34 said:
I would hate to have the quiet flow 30 just sitting in the box. So putting both the quiet flow 30 and aqua clear 70, that will definitely cover it correct?

Correct. Then if you ever get a quarantine tank, you can move the quiet flow over to the quarantine tank. (That is, if you get a QT under about 15 gallons). That way you, could run the filter on the 36g and when you need to quarantine a fish you simply move the filter over.

Sounds good! But I live in a dorm so I barely have room for one aquarium! I guess you can't have too much filtration!

Back
Top Bottom