Filters.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.sam

Aquarium Advice Activist
I saw a video of some ones tank that really interested me. So before I do anything crazy I have to ask questions and do research on it. What interested me is that in the video he had two filters linked together into his tank. From what I saw he was sucking from his tank into a filter then discharging into another filter then back into his tank.
My question is what it the benefit if doing this. Currently on my tank I have 2 fluvals. One is a 406 and the other is a 306. On one filter I have a turbo twist UV sterilizing and on the other is an in line heater. Also one filter i more or less got it out. All that's in there is the sponge pads and bio balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't know what the benefit of running filters this way is but I'd personally would run them separate one from the other as you're doing.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I can't much benefit in doing this? ? Maybe to either minimize the amount if intakes abs outflows in the tank or one can was dedicated for mech and one for bio..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I can't much benefit in doing this? ? Maybe to either minimize the amount if intakes abs outflows in the tank or one can was dedicated for mech and one for bio..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It might be to minimize electricity usage and maximize filtration capacity.

Could you post the video?

Robs tank room-my filters
On YouTube

He's using the smaller canister as a pre filter. Not a terrible idea, absolutely unnecessary though.

I would run them seperatly.. if you are worried about electricity.. then you shouldn't even have a fish tank.. or a computer.. or a refrigerator.. or washing machine.. like seriously... a canister wont be using much power...

and doubling up on filters isn't bad.. I do it.. but I don't link them... that's just stupid if you ask me.. its better to use both seperatly.. for maximum filtration...

Thanks for all the advice. I was just wondering about the benefits of linking filters like this. I think I will just leave my filters as they are. Thanks for all the help

Back
Top Bottom