Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vacuumlad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey I have A 10 gallon goldfish tank I know it's small for goldfish but it's just a home for them until they grow up a little bit bigger. Right now I have a couple small goldfish in there 2 Amazon sword plants 2 aquarium filters a Aqua clear 50 and an aqua clear mini so I think that's a total of 300 gallons per hour. I don't feel like the two aqua clears are really getting the job done. The tank is pretty dirty there's a lot of algae everywhere which I think is because it's an outdoor tank but I was thinking about switching out those two filters for one marine land 350 bio wheel. What do you guys think I should you keep the two aqua clears or go to the Marine land. Thanks in advanceImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429833389.492675.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Too much light will cause algae outbreak. Since it's an outdoor tank, there is nothing much you can do about it. Scrub it.

The filters will never pick up all the waste. You really need to vac the gravel to get rid of the poop

Your have a crazy amount of filtration lol.. Filters don't do anything for algae.. Because its an outdoor tank.. That's why you are getting algae.

I would partially cover the tank, go to petco get some of those plastic background and put some on the sides and the back.. That should reduce light

Back
Top Bottom