Filtration Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ynososiduts

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So my coworker was selling a 16 gallon tank and I decided to get back into fish keeping. Anyway, it came with a marineland eclipse hood. This hood is suppose to have a built in filter but the guy didn't have any of the parts and just ran a canister filter with it. So there is no cutout for a HOB filter, and I don't want to buy a canister filter for a 16 gallon tank. Should I whip out the dremel to make room for an HOB or get an internal filter? I read that the Fluval U3 is pretty big, and I don't like the sound of that. Are the Tetra internals worth anything?

Thanks in advance, (y)

Not sure how easy it would be to obtain the missing parts. I would carve out some space in the hood for an HOB filter. Nothing against internal filters, but I prefer to have the filter out of the tank and not take up space inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not sure how easy it would be to obtain the missing parts. I would carve out some space in the hood for an HOB filter. Nothing against internal filters, but I prefer to have the filter out of the tank and not take up space inside.

My thoughts exactly. I found a good chunk of the parts online but it's more expensive than just buying a new hood.

Then I'd go with one of the AquaClear HOB filters (AC20 or AC30). Good design and versatile.

Then I'd go with one of the AquaClear HOB filters (AC20 or AC30). Good design and versatile.

That.

They don't need a big notch either.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom