Finals Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so I think I'm finally done! I planted some swords and ferns now all that is left to do is wait and see how they grow. Ideally I would've liked to get micrograss or something low growing and carpet like so I'll have to keep looking for that. Otherwise I'm planted and just going to see how they grow in. How long should I wait before I put fish in? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434051677.681985.jpg

I think carpet plants are beyond the capability of the light fixture on that tank. However, there are other low light plants that should work out (e.g. - crypts).
There is no waiting period if you are doing a fish-in cycle. Just add a few initially, be diligent with testing and water changes. Get yourself a decent liquid based test kit (such as API Freshwater Master). If you are doing a fishless cycle, then it may take weeks. If you are not familiar with cycling a tank, you should read up on it before proceeding.
Articles to Help you Get Started with your Aquarium

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also, the Java fern will do better tied to the DW or rock rather than planted in the gravel.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom