Firefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarred Darque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 29 gallon, around 45lbs of liverock/baserock, mult soft corals (mushrooms, leather, hammer, torch, xenia...weird thing them...polyps, under 130 watts.

for fish, I have 2 O. Clowns, and a firefish. Now, I understand that the firefish are best kept in groups, and I am thinking about getting another one, but earlier today, I noticed what appeared to be the larger of the O. Clowns and the firefish got into it?

I was under the impression that both of these fish are supposed to be damn near the msot docile fish one can have in a tank.

any suggestions, should I not be worried? It did not look like any harm was done to either fish, they just went about their business afterward. O.Clowns been in the tank for about 3 weeks, firefish about 2.

The clowns, even the so-called "peaceful" ones, will still define and defend a territory. That is the problem with smaller tanks, there is not much real estate to prevent these little "turf rumbles". I would suggest getting another firefish and then they will work it out with the firefish learning to stay away from a certain area. The addition of another fish will also divide the aggression among more than one victim and so that helps too.

ok thanks, I was plannin on getting more fish soon, please take a look at my proposed stocking list thread if you get a chance. :) No more aggression seen since this incident..and luckily my gf didnt notice this incident either...she woulda freaked... =/

i think 2 clowns and 2 firefish will max you out as far as fish go..

Back
Top Bottom