Firemouths and Jack Dempseys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CICHLID_LOVER

Aquarium Advice Regular
I dont want to risk stunting my FMs they are one of my favorite fish. I want to move them in my 40g and take the full grown JD pair and put them in the 20g. Will the pair being in the 20g affect their health.The tank is clean and i do 20% water changes every week.The male JD is 11 in and the female is 4

Yes they will die. 20 gallons is wayyyyyyy too small for even one. Are you serious, is this for real that you want to put an 11 inch fish in a 20 gallon tank? The tank is most certainly not clean with only a 20% water change weekly. You would need 100% changes twice a day just to not affect their health for a short time, while you find a proper size tank for the pair. 75 gallons or more.

If the firemouth is your favorite, rehome the others, or get a 20long/29g specifically for the firemouth.

Yes they will die. 20 gallons is wayyyyyyy too small for even one. Are you serious, is this for real that you want to put an 11 inch fish in a 20 gallon tank? The tank is most certainly not clean with only a 20% water change weekly. You would need 100% changes twice a day just to not affect their health for a short time, while you find a proper size tank for the pair. 75 gallons or more.

could i swap the JDs for my convicts in a 45 gallon?The male is 7in and the female is 4.5.

If its a 20 long it may be ok with the cons or the fire mouths
if its a tall that may be a problem. 30 x 12 would be better than 24 x 12.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom