First Aquarium 65G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArcardX

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It's been 5 days now that I have my Aquarium with all the kit ready (accessories, plants, rocks, wood, filter, etc etc, I JUST NEED FISHES !! lol suggestion please???

Cories!!! I love them and they eat left over food:). What are some types you like because you have a LOT of options avaliable!

Cories ?? I'm gona google them right away !! Thx

:welcome: to AA! :)

Rainbowfish are really cool IMO and you have a big enough tank for most of them! :)

Also if money is not a constraint how about discus???

Good luck :)

I'm ok I saw them I though already in maybe 2 Decorus and 2 Ancistrus for cleaning propose :p

Discus could be !! Are they aggressive?? I was thinking in Cacatois and Gouramis too, what do u think??

Yes the first 3 days !! I think water is rdy also the PH is 7.4 that is normal for Montreal.

I think today I gona buy the first fishes, I would like a comunitary aquarium with a lot of sort

ArcardX said:
Yes the first 3 days !! I think water is rdy also the PH is 7.4 that is normal for Montreal.

I think today I gona buy the first fishes, I would like a comunitary aquarium with a lot of sort

As far as I know its nearly impossible too cycle a tank in 3 days unless you have used filter media etc. Do you mean you let the tank run with water in it for 3 days? Just too make sure what are your water parameter?

No srry I meant I put Nutrafin Cycle for 3 days also Prime first day and Flourish (complement for plants) and also I have my external Filter Eheim Classic 600 (2217) running for 7 days now, do u think it's nor rdy!!?? Oo

ArcardX said:
No srry I meant I put Nutrafin Cycle for 3 days also Prime first day and Flourish (complement for plants) and also I have my external Filter Eheim Classic 600 (2217) running for 7 days now, do u think it's nor rdy!!?? Oo

Oh nope not exactly...unless...do you happen to know your water parameters??? If the bacteria in the tank can convert ammonia into nitrites and nitrates in a certain amount of time, then I'd say your tank is cycled. I think in 24 hours...

The parameters are PH 7.4 Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 and Nitrate 20 I just tested this morning

Once you add some fish though, couldnt ammonia spike and kill them all? Also make sure not to add too many fish in one day, you seem excited

You really scar me but I already went to the store the personal of the aquarium told me it's ok but to try with some stronger fish first, so I bought 6 Black Tetra Neon and 1 Barbus Odessa, and Until now after 6 hours they seems very happy exploring every where they already ate too and with more energy !! Hehehe

Well I hope they gona be ok, I going to watch them very closely and test the water this Saturday.

Thank you for your advise !!

I think you will be fine but you still have to check your parameters as much as you can.

Ok thanks for all the advise real helps when u are a noob in aquariums like me XD

Back
Top Bottom