First pics of SW tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Finally! It's been almost 5 months since I started this "addiction" but I took my first pictures of my tank. My photography skills aren't that great but you can make out some fish and a coral or two.

Now, if I could just figure out how to rid myself of the #%$^@ cyano I'd be happy as a clam at high tide. (Actually, it's my fault for feeding too much so I've cut WAY back and I've been doing weekly water changes and it is getting much better).

Thanks to all for all of the comments and/or suggestions!

img_754290_0_ec376d973444fc057174b18ae1687065.jpg

I`m impressed. Looks great. I`m going to move this to the Show off SW tanks. Everybody needs to see your nice tank.

Very nice! What is that orange goodness in the middle?

That's a sun coral. I stumbled on it a while back. I do need to move him I think. From what I've read they are a low light coral. He's doing fairly well on mysis shrimp and this other smelly stuff that I can't remember the name of (I feed my clam the same thing).

I have mine down on the sand under a ledge

Thank you.....but I've seen a posting of your tank...now, that is one to drool over. The variety of colors is to die for.

If you don't mind, I'd like to pick your brain on that sun coral.

How often do you feed it?
What do you feed it?
Do you have any special feeding routine (or method) that you would be willing to share?

Thank you!

I probably feed twice a week. I`ll make a combo of mysis, brine and phytoplankton and take a turkey baster and squirt the food on them after the polyps come out. I usually feed the fish first and the polyps come out about an hour later. Not really hard but they are on of the few corals that have to be target fed. It is the only coral that I target. All my other corals get their food from the water column and lights. Good Luck on that nice looking tank of yours.

Back
Top Bottom