First polyp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skae310

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got my first zoanthid polyp thing (sorry new to this not sure on official name). My question is about my hermit crab. It likes to crawl on it.. Is this bad? he hurting it? I wouldnt be asking but he does spend quite a bit of time on it and they dont really come out of their tubes (again not sure on what thatd be called) because hes there alot and they dont get a chance when hes not. He doesnt seem to be hurting anything. Just kinda chills on it. haha

I personally would get rid of the crab. I prefer my coral to crabs. I have had to return one hermit crab and a peppermint shrimp for eating coral. I hated to send them back but I want a nice coral display and the crab and shrimp where hendering that. The crab if is not eating the coral is probably not hurting it but it might eventually stress it out.

The crab did settle down after a day and isnt on it as much. I dont really want to get rid of him. What are signs that the coral might be stressed out or that he is hurting it? because yesterday i only saw him on it once so hes not really ruining my view of the coral.

If the coral retracts and stays that way would be a sign of stress but if the crab has moved on then I would not worry.

my Hermits walk all over mine and have never damaged them. They just close when they get touched and reopen once they leave.

It was probably just walking over it or picking algea from around it. You`ll be OK.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom