First Salt Water Tank Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cut back the lighting to 8-10 hours total in my opinion. I'm lazy sometimes and didn't read your earlier posts, but all new tanks get diatoms. Look that up.

I did look it up, and I just wasn't sure if I should add more clean up crew, or if what I had was enough for the tank. Its a 125G and I hear that I should have 15-20 of the snails, but I guess I can just cut back on the lighting for now and see how that goes.

In my opinion You need more snails. You may have to many hermits . By the way "what is a mini hermit crab? My 89g total with sump has three hermits and 100 + Pipipi snails (hawaiian black nerite snails).

Last edited:
In my opinion You need more snails. You may have to many hermits . By the was "what is a mini hermit crab? My 89g total with sump has three hermits and 100 + Pipipi snails (hawaiian black nerite snails).

I don't know the exact name of the hermits, but I know that right now they are the size of a dime, and according to the label that was with them, they get no larger then a nickle. I will see if I can get the exact name of them later on when I go back up to "That Fish Place" and I will post their correct name.

Back
Top Bottom