First saltwater tank advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408589277.066658.jpg
Took 3 days to cycle!

I don't know what to add first. I was thinking small scavengers(crabs/snails) but they won't really have anything to eat so I was thinking of getting a plain clown and then adding scavengers a week but probably two weeks later

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your nitrates should be very high at the end if a cycle, it looks more like you haven't even started. And clowns don't belong in a 3 gallon tank, maybe one of the tiny gobies would work (trimma maybe) but invert only would probably be best....

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408589709.523883.jpg
I don't get it my nitrites were high yesterday

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408589976.100355.jpg
I did stuff this hogue bottle of chemipure elite into an aquaclear 20 and it removes nitrates from what I have read

the tank has been running for 3 weeks now and it doing great everything is stable i have 3 zoa colonies and a bubble tip anemone and a clown. I was wondering if i need a protein skimmer. and if i do i only have about 6.5 inches from the sand to the top of the water. so really 5.5 inches( dont want sand sucked up). what skimmer can i use for this tank? i can do hang on back if its not too wide(3-4inches) and i can go with an impeller powered or an airpump powered internal. really i just want any skimmer that fits.

Thanks,
Nazariy

Positive
The thing can stick out of the tank as much as possible
Sent from my LG-LS970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

TBH a bubble tip definitely doesn't belong in a 3 week old tank, let alone a 3 gallon tank. What kind of lighting do you have?

9Watt 50/50 bulb

I don't think that will work for it. It will end up dying. I'm not sure if anyone else wants to chime in on it.

No where near enough light for a nem, and tank is way to young. Also WAY to small for a clown

The clown is happy and the anemone is pumped up things look good

Hi there,

I just wanted to say hi, I have the Picotope as well. I had to chime in on this because it is true, your tank cannot support a Clown and BTA. It is not a matter of opinion, and not personal either, but I am telling you that a 3G is truly to small for a Clownfish to be content and healthy, especially in the long term. The fact that a fish is swimming around does not imply that it is healthy or happy.

As for the anemone, you will learn as you research and get advice like that of the community here, that nems need mature tanks and INTENSE lighting. There are also other factors, such as anemone nukage, stinging, and moving, that I highly advise you to learn about.

Because of these facts, I also highly advise you to return the clown and nem, but that doesn't mean you can't still make this an awesome tank. Just take it slow, the process itself is the most fun, and I've had the experience with this tank to tell you :)

I would recommend some really cool inverts, and in the future possibly, possibly, a clown goby, which is what I had.

I would love to answer any questions about doing a pico you might have, I've had the tank for 9 months now and would be glad to offer some experiences :)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thank you! Thats picotope look amazing! Good job!....alot of money too

Thank you, and I hope you have made a decision about your tank, particularly regarding the clown and anemone. I think your tank would do well with some sexy shrimp, maybe a cleaner, some snails, a Pom Pom crab, pedersons shrimp, and many more cool inverts like that!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom