First snail experience!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I just found this in my tank! Should I remove it? And would did it come from? Haha. I just put in live plants today, could that be why?

Attachments

• image-998603101.jpg
    image-998603101.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 89
Yes I'm sure it came from your new plants. In the future I would soak new plants at a 1:3 or 4 ratio of hydrogen peroxide 3% to water. Leave them soak 20 minutes before putting them in your tank. This generally kills most snails, eggs, algae, and other unwanted hitch hikers.

Also if you found 1 snail in your tank there are probably several more.

If you don't want snails then I would remove any you find.

I got plants in 2.5 months ago... Suddenly this morning I noticed a BUNCH of mts... Luckily I was planning on buying some, so I don't mind.

That kinda looks like a ramshorn snail. Hard to tell from that picture though. Is it flat on the sides? If it is, then you have a ramshorn snail. I like mine. They help keep the plants and substrate clean and are cute. If you do not overfeed than they will not get out of control. Feed once or twice a week. You can sell extra as feeder snails or tank cleaners. I just thinned mine out because I over fed in one tank. Lots of people like them to feed their snail eating fish or assassin snails.

In my case I got a lot of them. They cute, they clean my windows, they breed, they not harmfull.

It's your decision. If you don't like them, kill them, else keep them.

Almost sure they're coming from the plants you bought.

Back
Top Bottom