First time dealing with Ich :( all help appreciated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have used Kordon Ick Attack with great results . It did work rather quickly to cure the Ick . Just my 2 cents .

I have used Kordon Ick Attack with great results . It did work rather quickly to cure the Ick . Just my 2 cents .
Thanks, after 6 days, it has definitely receded, I can only see 1 spot on a fish so I'm hopeful it is almost wiped out. The fish seem to be handling it okay so I'll probably do one more week just to be safe.

Just an update since it's been a few days. Looks ich-free and everyone is doing okay. Will do one last one tonight and fingers crossed it is cleared up.

Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions!

I'm analyzing every potential spot now on my fish... Can't tell if this means it is coming back? None of the angels showed a lot of spots, so it was never easy to tell like it was on the rummy nose (who has since been eaten).

My gold angel has a spot that I think was also there 3 weeks ago. Also seeing one on my marble. Pictures below.

Should I wait to make sure more spots show up and or do you think it is for sure ich? And if it is ich should I switch to the 86f heat method since 2 weeks of medicating didn't work?

Thanks!20191214_202956.jpg20191214_204737_HDR.jpg

For sure some spots on my gold angels pectoral fins :( pictures included. ordered some kordon rid ich that is coming Monday. I removed the carbon that I added yesterday and dosed my last remaining paraguard.

The fish seem to be eating and no signs of flashing so that is good I guess. I still can't believe 2 weeks of medication didn't kill it off...20191214_224206.jpg20191214_223930.jpg

Maybe those spots aren't ich? They are the same after treatment and haven't gotten any worse. Fingers crossed. Another big water change tonight.

If it does come back I have the kordon stiff being delivered tomorrow.

Thanks! It's been a 4 days since the last treatment and the dots are the same, no spreading and not raised so I don't think it is Ich. All the other fish look good as well, so I'm going to go ahead and say the 2 weeks of Paraguard did the job.
Thanks again!
Odd.

Watch them closely, just in case. Hoping it is all smooth sailing ahead!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharing another picture :) I can see 2 small white dots but I don't think it is ich, but I'm not sure. There is also a torn fin. I have read that the ich medicine can stress the fish and they can get bacterial infection from where the parasites had attached. I have also noticed that while the tetras seem to mind their own business, their introduction did create a little friction between the angels.

Does anyone have a recommendation on something that would help their slime coat outs an antibiotic? Would melafix be a good option?

Thanks!20191221_165629.jpg

A little bit of aquarium salt maybe a 1/4 tsp per gallon. But keep up with pwc would also be beneficial, first, then try salt or Stress Coat.
FYI you can read about it.

https://apifishcare.com/product.php?id=652#.Xf7ui0dKiM8

I would try the fresh water first and then a little salt, as mentioned before the Epsom Salts is also something I use good for healing.

If there is no repairing /healing of the tail after a week or so of basic upgraded care, then maybe the Melafix. It is something which can help torn fins but it also is a stronger type of care.

Back
Top Bottom