First time doing planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys I'm thinking of planting my 20 gal tank it's already got fish in there but I can set up a temporary home for them. My real question is what do I need to do a planted tank. Like I'm talking about starting from scratch from substrate to actual plants filters lights co2 set up everything can someone give me a list of stuff or something so I can get started and stuff I haven't really looked at plants and that but I want something that will be long and sort flow in the tank I want a real natural river kinda look

Hey guys I'm thinking of planting my 20 gal tank it's already got fish in there but I can set up a temporary home for them. My real question is what do I need to do a planted tank. Like I'm talking about starting from scratch from substrate to actual plants filters lights co2 set up everything can someone give me a list of stuff or something so I can get started and stuff I haven't really looked at plants and that but I want something that will be long and sort flow in the tank I want a real natural river kinda look

if you really want the river look you can always have dirt or mud as you substrate, excellent for the plants. get few pieces of driftwood and plants with long and big leaves to replicate the actual river appearance.

Yea that's what I was thinking like a sandy substrate with maybe a clear patch down the middle of the tank with maybe some big plants to look like trees and then flowing down into smaller plants and the drift wood looking like a bridge or something

Back
Top Bottom