Fish are stripping all the leaves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larryk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a planted 20G Tall tank with an established population of small tetras, BB gobbies, Honey Dwarf G's, Gold Rams, and a small Discus...a couple Cory cats and a small algae eater. A lot of my long stem narrow leaved plants are being systematically stripped of their leaves by some of the fish. I have a snail (who i don't think is the culprit). I some miniature frogbit (Limnobium ...)covering a portion of the top water and the discus seems to munch on that often, but so far I am not sure who is doing this. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Attachments

• Plants_1.jpg
    Plants_1.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Plants-2.jpg
    Plants-2.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 25
The algae eater! I had one do that. My snail's never messed with my plant's. However my fish do it on occasion.

I had a couple of the Chinese types that were just very disruptive all the time and they were getting bigger and bigger so i swapped them at my local shop for a couple of dwarf Oto's. you think that might be who's doing this? Hmmm, I will try and keep an eye on them. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom