Fish at the bottom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesse.R

Aquarium Advice Activist
Lately my favorite guppy has been sitting at the bottom of the tank and I don't know why. If anyone knows what this could be let me know

Attachments

• image-3063472636.jpg
    image-3063472636.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 67
  • image-2433322755.jpg
    image-2433322755.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 85
Lately my favorite guppy has been sitting at the bottom of the tank and I don't know why. If anyone knows what this could be let me know

I adopted a few guppies from my younger brother as his tank was not running well. After taking them on I noticed the ones which sat at the bottom of the tank for long periods of time usually past away.. Hopefully yours will be fine. Not sure if anything can be done?

Also has it lost any color?

I adopted a few guppies from my younger brother as his tank was not running well. After taking them on I noticed the ones which sat at the bottom of the tank for long periods of time usually past away.. Hopefully yours will be fine. Not sure if anything can be done?

Also has it lost any color?

It's colour is all there and looks normal just acting strange:/

What's the behavior at feeding time? I tried water changes when mine were doing this which stopped them doing this for a few days.. Assume your water levels are okay?

Lack of oxygen and ammonia poisoning comes up when I searched google

He's back to hanging out at the bottom again :/ really hoping he's gonna pull through

Generally when fish get to that stage they die unless quarantined as other fish kill them.

If QTing isn't possible just do daily 50% water changes and hope for the best.

Generally when fish get to that stage they die unless quarantined as other fish kill them.

If QTing isn't possible just do daily 50% water changes and hope for the best.

I just did a 50% change and its the same. How long do you think he has to live?

Back
Top Bottom