fish bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jgeezer1986

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is going to sound really stupid. I have my two tanks set up , but the boy wants a gold fish in a fish bowl in the worst way. He was absolutely horrified at the pet store today watching a pirhana gobble down a gold fish!

Anyway , would it be mean to get a 2 gallon bowl for him and set it up with one of them sponge filters that work with an air pump. I dont really want to put one in either of my tanks cause i keep them at 80degrees and i dont the the goldies would like that too much...

What would be the best way to get that working for him?

Edit: i dont really have the money at this time to set up another 20g or i would and give him like 5 goldies

actually a 20g can only hold 1 goldfish, 2 at the most, but that's pushing it. I'm sorry but a 2g bowl is way too small. They produce so much waste and they get pretty big, even fancies.

They make small heaters for small tanks like that for sw, i'm sure a betta will do fine.

yep, ok for a betta, nothing else fish wise... or you could do rcs, of course if its for a kid, i doubt they'd get much enjoyment from shrimp

well, if you can find away to heat it to around 78F constantly.

Yes they make heaters that automatically adjust. Only thing with those is that you can't adjust it to anything else. I agree with everyone else, I say get a 5 gallon though you can get a kit for 30$ here at Wally World, comes with everything but the pump and heater. A betta would do awesome in a 5 gallon IMO. +1 on the goldfish getting too big .

That's the thing. That goldies are probably one of the worst when it comes to bioload and consequently need the biggest tanks. But they are also the most likely to be put into very small tanks!

Back
Top Bottom