fish check up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

canobe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi all, im new to the forum but have been learning about fish for 10 years and ive still got alot to learn,

i need a bit of help, i moved my comunity fish into a bigger tank, thought they deserved it so they are now in a 240l 2 foot high tank, they are all well and happy, apart from my catfish, he seems well, eats like a pig, and swims with no problems, he has a little white patch on his side. i know what ich is and i really dont think its that, he doesnt show any sign of ill health. so my question is, could it be a wound from in the tank whats taking a while to heal, its been on him for weeks, he chases the other fish around the tank and seems full of energy.

really hope some one can help.

would add pictures if i knew how to upload on hear, cheers

Hi! It sounds like he could have just gotten bumped a little bit in the move. Has it gotten any worse since you've noticed it?

hi - I've noticed a white patch or two before one on of my corys recently, it wasn't raised or fuzzy and it seemed to go away/get better by itself - I think it was just an abrasion as it seems to have improved (not gone away completely)

I'd keep a close eye on it and see if it gets worse/bigger or better/smaller

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom